Spiritual Life Project:
A focus group of FSU faculty, staff, and students seeking to explore religion and spirituality for the purpose of enhancing meaning, purpose, and authenticity in life.
Florida State University’s Spiritual Life Project fosters students’ search for meaning, purpose, and authenticity in life.
Recognizing that students develop spiritually within, across, and outside of religious faiths, through both solitary and social means, the Spiritual Life Project seeks to facilitate such vital growth for the campus community. This opportunity is provided with the conviction, that through the collegiate experience, one can come to a clearer understanding of the complex moral issues inherent in human life and can develop the knowledge and skills for effective and responsible participation in the world.
Progress through the Spiritual Life Project’s efforts will ultimately mean that students’ search for meaning, purpose, and authenticity is an integral and honored feature of the Florida State University culture, including academic, administrative and co-curricular settings.
Our goal is to assist students in their reflections on the following questions:
- What is the meaning of my college experience?
- How do I discover and enact my own values and beliefs as a college student?
- What am I going to do with my life?
- How will I know I am making choices that are authentic to me?
- What kind of person do I want to be?
- How my life’s work will contribute to society?
- What are my responsibilities to my local and global community?
- What I have learned that brought me to today and what will be my legacy?
- How do I form community with people of different spiritual traditions?
academic, administrative and co-curricular settings.
2017-2018 Steering Committee
- Dr. Rhea Lathan, Department of English
- Juan Mendizabal, Center for Leadership & Social Change
- Dr. Michael Nair-Collins, College of Medicine
- Laura Osteen, Center for Leadership & Social Change
- Dr. Kori Pruett, Center for Health Advocacy and Wellness
- Jessie Greenberg
- Trinity Lakin
- Nancy Truong
For inquiries about getting involved with SLP, please contact Juan Mendizabal, SLP Convener, at email@example.com.